Tag Archives: Blender 3D

Art Deco Street Lights – Revisted

One thing that really helps an artist keep going is seeing how far they’ve come. In that spirit, I revisted some art deco street lights I made a while back for the Aurora engine, and remade them for use in Unity.

I rebuilt the models with a higher poly-count. The silhouettes of the early versions were fairly jagged, and this has been a great improvement. I also redid the textures for PBR.

My favorite part about these models is probably the filament, which is just an eight sided cylinder, doubled in place so that there are both outward and inward pointing face normals. The normal and opacity maps create the illusion of a wire coiled around this cylinder, all for a quite modest poly count.